Tuesday 22 July 2014

JOINING A NETWORK - THINGS TO CONSIDER


The mistakes are all unintentional, sorry

               So if you know me personally, then you know I’m practically a part of almost all the social network because considering I don’t go out I still need something to do. But just because I’m a part of it doesn’t mean that I actually use it. For example, I’m still a part of Hi5, I just can’t come to delete my account. I was also a part of this website that used to be called myyearbook.com but then changed to something like spring.me. However, I was never a part of myspace because at that time it was more of my sisters’ era and not mine…I was just too young.

               However, now there are some more popular sites such as ask.fm (I think), Instagram, etc. At the moment I can’t think of anything else that I’m not a part of or have joined. I’m on most things you can think of. Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, YouTube, Tumblr, weheartit, etc.
    
           Now, from the title I’m sure you’d be expecting certain things that you need to think about when you’re thinking of joining a network. One of those questions I’d suggest is, ‘is this going to make me even moree distracted from my work?’ if so, then you probably shouldn’t join it. Another thing to think of, is it going to make it easier for those who I don’t know to harm me or possibly promote stalking. If so, you probably shouldn’t join it. When joining a social network or any type of network for that matter, what you need to do is draw up a pros and cons table of whether this network is going to help you or not. Another thing to think of is if you’re actually going to use it regularly. Personally one of the reasons I don’t join Instagram is because I know I’m not going to be posting anything, and what’s the point of it if you’re not….the logical point that is. I’m not one to take pictures of myself or anything really for that matter….and post them online cause I just don’t think that it’s gonna be that interesting. But some people also don’t see the point of twitter or even facebook for others. But that never  stops anyone from using them.

So yea, I don’t do half of those things when joining a social network even though I think some of it should be done…but yea that’s all I’ve basically got to say now

Xoxo

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment