Sunday 13 August 2017

A Letter to K

A Letter to K


This was originally supposed to be handwritten and hidden for you to find at the most random time but that hasn’t happened. But I promise to get to it eventually, because physical notes are the best. Let’s go back 10 years to when I probably first saw you. I like to not use the word hate, so let’s just say that I very strongly disliked you. You were not my favourite person. From the in form beauty pageant to the lunch orders, some may say we were never destined to be friends. But somewhere in the transition from one academic year to the other, we became friends. Neither of us remember how but it did happen. And if not you but I believe that that was one of the best things that could have possibly happened to me. I’m happy we became friends and now basically inseparable.

       We tend not to be the best communicators, whether it’s talking about our feelings or just even when it comes to seeing each other often, but when we do, it’s like nothing has changed. We sit and talk(sometimes sleep), eat, watch a show/movie….or ten and it’s like everything is fine. For those few hours, there are no problems because we help each other to forget. It’s a time for reasoning. It’s a time where we let loose and allow for expression with no room for judgement.

       Ok, this is where I get a little mooshy. Without having met you, I don’t think I’d be the person I am today. You have taught me so much and continue to teach me each day. You have been a light in the darkness for me many times and for that I am truly grateful. I doubt that if it wasn’t for you, I’d be able to properly express myself at the level that I exhibit today. And even though I’m not the best at it, it’s way better than it could have been. You have provided a safe space for me to be able to express my thoughts with no judgement with the knowledge that I can always come to you and talk to you. You allow me to speak my mind with the knowledge that you would only provide guidance where you can and when needed.

       I don’t think I will ever be able to truly express my gratitude and love for how much you have done for me and with me. But thank you. From the bottom of my heart you have impacted me in such a positive way that you may never understand but I will try to explain when I can for, hopefully, the rest of my life.

Lovingly yours

Xoxo


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment